TOMATO AND CAPER PASTA
September 15, 2020
- Place a pan over a medium heat, add in a drizzle of olive oil. Add in onion and cook for around 8 minutes until translucent. Then add in the garlic and cook for around 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in sun dried tomatoes, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, tinned tomatoes, capers and lemon juice. Bring to boil then simmer for 30-35 mins.
- Cook the pasta for the allotted time minus a minute so it’s still slightly al dente.
- Just before the sauce is cooked add in the cherry tomatoes to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir through the cooked pasta and then serve. You may like to top with parsley and fresh chilli. Enjoy!
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400g tin tinned tomatoes
- 2 tbs capers
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 1 fist sized serving of uncooked pasta per person