TERIYAKI TOFU NOODLE SALAD
September 15, 2020
- Place a frying pan on a medium heat with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil in and cook your tempeh/firm tofu for around 10 minutes making sure as many sides of the cubes are cooked as possible and that they are lightly browned.
- Steam your mushrooms for 10 minutes, your broccoli for 4 minutes and cook your peas in boiling water for around 4 minutes. Then set to one side.
- Cook the buckwheat noodles for the allotted time. Then set to one side.
- Now make your dressing by combining all the ingredients into a bowl and whisking together.
- Place the mushrooms, broccoli, pea/edamame and buckwheat noodles into a bowl and top with spring onions and red chilli. Pout over the dressing and mix to make sure everything is coated. Then you’re ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 block tempeh/firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 140g mushrooms, sliced
- 200g tender stem broccoli
- 100g frozen peas or edamame beans
- 3 servings of buckwheat noodles
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 fresh red chilli, diced
TERIYAKI DRESSING (per person)
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 lime, juiced