Sweet potato, celery and chickpea soup
October 28, 2019
METHOD 1 (requires soup maker, I use the #morphyrichardssoupmaker @morphyrichardsuk)
- Place all the ingredients in the soup maker and press go!
- While the soup is cooking put chickpeas and garlic in a frying pan on a medium heat with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the mix for three to four minutes, until the chickpeas brown a little and the garlic is fragrant. Then add in the cavolo nero and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooked through, pour into bowls and pile the sautéed mushrooms and beans on top.
METHOD 2 (no soup maker)
- Place the paprika, garlic and chillies into a pan with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until fragrance starts coming out. Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook on a high to medium heat with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking put the chickpeas and garlic in a frying pan with a little extra virgin olive oil. Sauté the mix for three to four minutes, until the chickpeas have started to brown and the garlic is fragrant. Then add in the cavolo nero and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the soup has cooked through, place in a blender or use a hand blender until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and pile the cavolo nero and chickpea on top.
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 2 onions small onions, peeled and diced
- 3 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes or 1 large one, skin on and cut into cubes
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 600ml vegetable stock or water
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- 200g cavolo nero, chopped into 2/3cm squares
- 1 can 400g chickpeas
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed