Sun-dried tomato and mushroom pasta
September 30, 2019
- Cook your pasta according to the cooking time on the pack instructions. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and allow to cool.
- While this is happening sauté the mushrooms and spinach in a little oil and the cayenne pepper and paprika. Once those have cooked through add in the cherry tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree, sun-dried tomatoes and chilli and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- When the sauce has cooked through add the cooled pasta into it and stir, taking it off the heat after about a minute. Then allow the pasta to sit in the sauce for at least a minute, this will give it time to absorb into the pasta.
- Serve in bowls topped with fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon.
- 2 portions of pasta (I used brown rice pasta, Tortiglioni)
- 200g mushrooms
- 200g spinach
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 12 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 fresh chilli
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 1 lemon