SPINACH, SHIITAKE AND COCONUT CURRY
January 3, 2020
- Preheat oven to 200 °C, fan setting.
- Place the new potatoes onto a baking try and dry bake for 30 minutes.
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Once warm add the mustard seeds until they begin to pop.
- Add the green chilli, onions and garlic and cook for 10-15 minutes until everything is soft.
- Finally add the coconut milk, spinach, kale, peas and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooked through, pour it into a blender and pulse until smooth.
- Poor the blended mixture back into the pan and add in the potatoes and mushrooms. Cook for another 5 or so minutes until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Serve with brown basmati rice.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 x 400g tins of coconut milk
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 230g frozen spinach
- 150g kale
- 1 green chilli
- 200g frozen peas
- 400g new potatoes
- 150g shiitake mushrooms