September 15, 2020
- Place the oven on at 180C and roast the courgette and pepper in a small amount of extra olive oil for about 25 mins until they have started to brown slightly.
- Cook the bulgur wheat to packet instructions and add vegetable stock for some extra flavour. If you don’t have bulgur wheat, quinoa, brown rice or any other whole grain works well.
- While the bulgur wheat is cooking, toast the pine nuts in a dry pan.
- Grab a large bowl and pop in the bulgur wheat, courgette, pepper, apricots, cumin powder garlic powder, ginger, chilli seeds, paprika, zaatar, orange zest, orange juice and olive oil. Mix everything together well.
- Top with toasted pine nuts and parsley.
- In a separate bowl add the chopped cucumber and chopped mint sprigs to make the yogurt dip. Add a squeeze of lemon and mix through the yogurt.
- Plate up the salad and serve with the yogurt dip on the side. Enjoy!
- 90g bulgur wheat
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- 1 medium courgette, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 10 dried apricots
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 thumb ginger, grated
- 1 tsp chilli seeds (to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp zaatar
- ½ orange, zested
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbs yoghurt
- 1 large bunch mint
- 5cm cucumber
- 1/2 lemon, juice