LOADED SWEET POTATO WITH BASIL AND CHICKPEAS
September 23, 2020
- Place the oven on at 180C. Rub the sweet potato with extra virgin olive oil and pepper, then cut a cross in the top with a knife and push a pinch of salt into the centre of the cross. Pop in the oven on a baking tray to roast for around 45 minutes until cooked.
- In a baking dish mix the chickpeas with some olive oil and the cumin. Then pop in the oven 15 minutes before the end of the sweet potato being cooked.
- Once the sweet potato is cooked place it onto a plate and open it up then stuff with the basil leaves, mashed avocado and natural yoghurt. Sprinkle over chilli flakes, and pop the salad leaves on the side, you may like to drizzle some olive oil over them. Enjoy!
- 1 medium sized sweet potato
- ½ can chickpeas
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Small handful of fresh basil leaves
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 2 tbsp natural coconut yoghurt (or any kind of natural yoghurt you like)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large handful salad leaves
- Salt and pepper