CREAMY KALE AND MUSHROOM SALAD
September 23, 2020
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Sauté the mushrooms over a medium heat with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil until they are cooked through.
- Place the kale in a bowl with the apple cider vinegar and use your hands to rub it into the leaves. Massage the kale for about a minute being quite firm so as to break it down, then set it to one side.
- Place the pumpkin and sesame seeds on a baking tray and toss in some extra olive oil and ground cumin. Then roast in the oven for 5 mins.
- Next make the dressing by combining all the ingredient in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to add some water to reach your desired consistency.
- Toast your bread and rub with the garlic clove then cut into bite sized pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the kale, massaging it in with your hands and letting it soften even more. Top with the mushrooms, avocado, bread and cumin toasted seeds. Enjoy!
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 large handful of kale, stalks removed, rinsed and torn into pieces
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 slice of brown seeded gluten free bread
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ ripe avocado, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 palm sized serving cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 50ml almond or oat milk
- Squeeze of lemon