CHICKPEA, SWEET POTATO AND GREENS CURRY
January 10, 2020
- Preheat oven to 200 °C, fan setting.
- Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking try and dry bake for 30 minutes.
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add a small amount of extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil.
- Once warm add the onion and cook until translucent and catching brown on the edges.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic, garam masala and cumin around 5 minutes moving everything around so it is all evenly coated.
- Finally add the coconut milk 10/15 minutes.
- Add the cooked sweet potato, spring green and spinach in and everything mix together well. Then place a lid on allowing the greens to wilt.
- Serve with brown basmati rice or wholemeal pitta bread.
- 4 small/medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 x 400g tins of coconut milk
- 3 tbs cumin
- 2 tbs garam masala
- 1 stock cube
- 2 large handfuls of spring greens
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 1 tbs coconut oil