CHICKPEA, LENTIL AND KALE PASTA
January 3, 2020
- Preheat oven to 200 °C, fan setting.
- Place the chickpeas into a baking tray and dry roast for about 10 minutes until crunchy
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add a small amount of olive oil
- Once warm, add the onions and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the paprika and cumin, and cook for another 3 minutes before adding in the tomato puree, lentils, tinned tomatoes and dried herbs. Cook for around 30-35 minutes until the lentils are soft (lentil cooking times can vary so you may need to do this for more or less time).
- While the pasta sauce in cooking, place the pasta on to cook.
- Once the pasta is cooked drain and allow to cool.
- Once the pasta sauce is ready, place the kale in to cook for just a few minutes (we want to make sure it still has a vivid green colour).
- Then add the drained, cooled pasta and chickpeas into the pan with the sauce and kale and cook for 1 minute. Giving everything a cook stir and serve!
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 250g green lentils, ideally soaked overnight or for at least 10 minutes
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 250g brown rice pasta
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 x 400g chickpeas
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 tbs mixed herbs
- 1 handful of kale per person, stalks removed and torn into small pieces