CHICKPEA AND MEDITERRANEAN VEGETABLE FLATBREADS
September 12, 2019
- In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas.
- Stir or shake pan to keep chickpeas turning and cooking on all sides for about 5 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are browned and toasty looking, remove from heat.
- Place the warm chickpeas in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and paprika and toss to coat.
- Set the chickpeas aside until you are ready to assemble your flatbreads.
- Spoon or brush the flatbread with some pesto.
- Then spread a spoonful of hummus over the pesto.
- Place a handful of rocket on the hummus.
- Top with one or two artichoke hearts, a few strips of red pepper, olives and the chickpeas.
- Fold in half fajita style and enjoy!
- 6 flatbreads
- 140g rocket
- 24 Kalamata olives (3-4 per flatbread)
- 30g roasted red peppers (about 4 fresh roasted peppers)
- 12 marinated artichoke halves or quarters
- 230g hummus
- 170g pesto
- About 400g chickpeas (if tinned this would be the drained weight) or 200g dried chickpeas (that are then soaked and boiled)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt