AUBERGINE, MUSHROOM AND SPINACH CURRY
December 10, 2019
- Using a food processor, pulse the chillies, garlic, ginger and lemongrass to a coarse paste. Set aside.
- Mix the turmeric and chilli powder together and rub it all over the aubergine pieces.
- Heat the olive oil in pan on a medium heat, then cook the onion until soft.
- Add the paste into the pan cook for a few minutes, then place the aubergines in the pan.
- Add the fish sauce, tomato puree, coconut milk and stock, mix well, and bring the liquid to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook gently with a lid on until the aubergine is tender, but not mushy, about 15 mins. About 5 minutes before you are about to serve add the spinach and mushrooms into the pan and cook through.
- Season to taste.
- Serve hot topped with coriander, chopped fresh tomato, kefir yoghurt, a squeeze of lemon and a wholegrain pita bread.
- 3 large red chillies, deseeded and stalks removed, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped • 2-3-inch large knob of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil • 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2-3 aubergines (about 600g), cut into 2-3cm cubes
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 4 large handfuls of spinach
- 150 g mushrooms of your choice (I use shiitake)
- tomatoes, diced
- kefir yoghurt
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped, to serve