AUBERGINE AND TOMATO PASTA
September 15, 2020
- Preheat the oven to 180C and place the aubergine onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 30-25 minutes until soft and slightly brown.
- Place a pan on a medium heat and add in a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Then add in the onion. And cook for around 5-10 minutes until translucent and then add in the garlic and cannellini beans and cook for around 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Next add in the sundried tomatoes, tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs and season to taste. Bring this all to a boil then simmer for around 30 minutes.
- Just before the sauce is ready add in the kale and cook for around 2 minutes trying to preserve the green colour.
- Once ready add in cooked pasta and stir through the sauce making sure it’s evenly coated. Top with the cooked aubergine and some fresh parsley if you fancy. Enjoy!
- 1 aubergine, diced into 1cm cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 x tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin of plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 large handfuls of kale
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 fistful of pasta per person